What are the health benefits of Colostrum, Calcium, Vitamin D and Lysine?
- Colostrum contains Immunoglobulin type G (IgG) and Proline-Rich Peptide (PRP).
- IgG helps to fight against bacterial and viral infections.1,2
- PRP supports and restores balance to our immune system.1,3
- Lysine improves children’s appetite and food variety intake.4
- Calcium promotes healthy bone and teeth development.5
- Vitamin D increases calcium absorption.5
Who are recommended to take Kid’s Colostrum Cal-D Plus Lysine?
- Children with poor appetite.
- Vegetarian children (inadequate lysine intake).
- Growing children for healthy growth and development.
What is the recommended dosage?
Children (2 years old and above): 2 chewable tablets, 1 or 2 times daily.
|Colostrum Powder (20% IgG & ≥4% PRP)||100mg|
- Godhia M.L & Patel N. (2013). Colostrum – its composition, benefits as a nutraceutical: a review. Current Research in Nutrition and Food Science, 1(1): 37 -47
- Blood Test: Immunoglobulins (IgA, IgG, IgM) (for Parents) – Nemours KidsHealth. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/test-immunoglobulins.html
- Power Packed Proline Peptides Restore Immune Balance. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.clinicaleducation.org/resources/abstracts/power-packed-proline-peptides-restore-immune-balance/
- Nagai, H., & Takeshita, S. (1961). Nutritional effect of l-lysine supplementation on growth of infants and children. Pediatrics International, 4(2), 40-46
- Calcium, Nutrition, and Bone Health – OrthoInfo – AAOS. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/staying-healthy/calcium-nutrition-and-bone-health/
Q1: Where does the commercial colostrum comes from?
- Since human colostrum is not easily available, storable, or usable as supplement, bovine colostrum is used for the commercialization purpose. This is because, bovine colostrum can be obtained in large quantities and it is almost the same to human colostrum. In fact, the acquiring processes are monitored according to strict FDA criteria in order to ensure that the colostrum is sterile, hygienic, and free from bovine spongiform encelopathy (BSE) or other harmful substances.
Q2: What are the natural sources of lysine?
- Naturally, lysine can be found in high quality protein food such as meat, poultry, fish, eggs, and dairy products because deliver all the amino acids needed by our body. It can also be found in plant-based protein such as soy beans, pistachios, and pumpkin seeds, yet the amount is lesser.