Boosters for Your Heart!
June 1, 2023
Have you noticed that in today’s life, everything is fast-paced? Work and personal life are frequently rushed and mashed together in endless activities. People are too busy to monitor their lifestyles. Some might not have a well-balanced diet to catch up on the work dateline; meanwhile, some are too busy to have their bodies move for physical activities. In fact, now we have heard a few cases of sudden death during workouts (e.g., badminton, marathon, cycling), which might be due to poor heart health.
With this continuous unhealthy life routine, your health might be at stake. What steps can you take to improve this problem? You can start small by:
And other tips, you can include the intake of CoQ10 and omega-3 in your diet! CoQ10 and Omega-3 are vital to any balanced diet and a requirement for anyone aiming to optimize health and performance, from anti-inflammation and enhanced heart health to improving brain and overall cell function.
A Great Pair: Coenzyme Q10 & Omega-3 Fish Oil
CoQ10 or Coenzyme Q10 is a vitamin-like substance naturally produced in our body. It works by helping your body generate energy and acts as an antioxidant to fight against harmful free radicals. Although our body produces CoQ10 however, over time, the production will become slow due to a few factors:
- Busy and active lifestyle
- Using Statin medication (cholesterol-lowering medication)
- Inadequate dietary intake
Also known as ‘food for the heart,’ CoQ10 is essential in maintaining heart health. Our heart is among the hardest-working organ, with the most metabolism and energy needed. Thus, CoQ10, as the energy generator, can ensure the heart works optimally.
As for the Omega-3, it is commonly known as essential fatty acids (EFA), which vital because it cannot be generated by the body and must obtained from diet or supplementation. With fatty fish as the common source, Omega-3 aid in increasing the good cholesterol in our body which is crucial in supporting our cardiovascular health. Besides, omega-3 is also beneficial for promoting brain health and reducing inflammation.
The question is how CoQ10 and Omega-3 can become a great pair to boost your health. Here is how they works as a duo.
You can’t go wrong with omega-3s and CoQ10 for better heart health, cognitive function, and anti-inflammation. They’re both essential substances that play important roles in optimum physiological function, and missing of either can be unfavourable to our body.
While diet is always the best source of nutrients, supplements provide a close second. Let’s find out more about CoQ10 and Omega-3 Fish Oil products at https://biolife.com.my/product-category/heart-blood-circulation/
- Sudden death during exercise. Singapore Heart Foundation. (n.d.).
- Marincola R. Neurobiology and quantified pharmaco EEG of coenzyme Q10. J Orthomolecular Med. 1997;12(2):87–95.
- Langsjoen P.Introduction to Coenzyme Q10. International Coenzyme Q10 Association; Nov 1997.
- Fish oil supplements, coq10 and your heart. Cedars. (n.d.). https://www.cedars-sinai.org/blog/benefits-fish-oil-coq10.html
- Gao, L., et.al., 2012. Effects of coenzyme Q10 on vascular endothelial function in humans: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Atherosclerosis, 221(2): 311-6
- Weitz, D., Weintraub, H., Fisher, E., & Schwartzbard, A. Z. (2010). Fish oil for the treatment of cardiovascular disease. Cardiology in review, 18(5), 258.