Tips to stay energized all day long during Chinese New Year
11 Jan, 2023
Chinese New Year celebration is closely related to food. The Chinese would prepare and serve certain dishes to pay respect to their ancestors and the gods and pray for protection and blessings for a good year.
Even though there are many delicious foods to enjoy during reunion dinners, Chinese New Year snacks and biscuits to munch on, we still need to maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle. This is because overly consuming foods high in fats and excessive alcohol drinking will burden the liver and affect liver function.
The liver helps to convert toxic substances into harmless substances and remove them from the body. Without proper liver functioning, toxins can accumulate in the body, causing fatigue – tiredness, and lack of energy. Therefore, a healthy liver and sufficient B vitamins help the body stay energized all day during this Chinese New Year.
Silymarin, the active ingredient found in milk thistle, is a natural herb that can help to support and maintain liver health. Silybin is the most potent constituent of silymarin, with potent antioxidant and liver protective properties. BiO-LiFE Livasil provides a convenient once-a-day dosage of high strength milk thistle extract (standardized to 80% silybin). It helps to:
- Serve as an Antioxidant to protect liver cells against free radical damage1
- Support the Detox process in the liver by helping to excrete accumulated toxins in the body2
- Nourish the liver by enhancing the liver cell regeneration3
Find out more about BiO-LiFE Livasil
Besides, adequate B vitamins intake is crucial for energy metabolism. B vitamins are required to convert the food we eat into energy and for fat metabolism in the liver to prevent further fat deposition on the liver. BiO-LiFE Nat B Fizzy contains a high strength of vitamin Bs and C that replenish the daily nutrient requirement in effervescent form.
Find out more about BiO-LiFE Nat B Fizzy
Great news! We have custom-made a CNY Vitality Combo set for you to stay energized all day long during this Chinese New Year, for only RM218 (while stock last). So, grab it fast from any participating pharmacies before it is sold out. Share this too with your loved ones.
- Hackett ES, Twedt DC, and Gustafson DL. 2013. Milk Thistle and Its Derivative Compounds: A Review of Opportunities for Treatment of Liver Disease. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 27:10-16.
- Loguercio C and Festi D. 2011. Silybin and the liver: From basic research to clinical practice. World Journal of Gastroenterology. 17(18): 2288-2301.
- Dixit N, Baboota S, Kohli K, Ahmad S, Ali J. Silymarin: A review of pharmacological aspects and bioavailability enhancement approaches. Indian J Pharmacol. 2007;39(4):172-79.