The Best Way to Get Healthy Eye
Oct 6, 2020
In this era, it is a norm that people seeing electronic devices every day. Malaysians’ average screen time is 3.15 hours per day, which exceeded the recommended limit of two hours per day’. Direct exposure of eyes to blue and UV rays will lead to eye strain. In the long term, more eye complications will be built up.
Fortunately, eye strain is preventable, and the symptoms can be alleviated through eye health tips and natural remedies.
Eyes Health Tips2,3
Rest eyes every 20 minutes for 20 seconds by looking at things
that are 20 feet away
1.Adjust monitor distance – 3 feet or arm length away from eyes
2.Add a laptop stand – to centre the screen to your eyes
3.Tailor a proper lighting – for both laptop and environment
To keep your eyeballs moist and eye muscles relaxed
1.Eat right – eat plenty of dark and green leafy vegetables,
as well as fishes that are high in omega-3
2.Physically active – reduce pressure in eyes, increase blood flow
to optic nerve and retina
3.Quit smoking – smoking bring harm to optic nerve in the eyes
Protect eyes from UV ray damage
Wear safety glasses or goggles to protect your eyes during sports and works,
such as construction work, lab work or doing home repairs
Eyes Health Tips2,3
- Powerful antioxidant
- Improves delivery of oxygen and blood to the eyes, improving retinal abnormalities and help in adaptation to dim light environment
- One of the rich sources of carotenoids, the natural red or orange pigments found in plants
- Carotenoids are mainly found in the macula (the center portion of the eye retina)
- It helps to provide nutrients to macular to prevent aging eyes
- Tannins, the active ingredients that play the roles in the reduction of inflammation and swelling in the eyes.
- A carotenoid found in macula and retina as a colour pigment in the eyes, with reported anti-inflammatory properties.
- Serve as “internal sunglasses” to filter the harmful high-energy blue wavelengths of light and ultraviolet (UV) radiation.
- Important in improving vision health and reducing the risk of chronic eye diseases, including ARMD and cataracts
- Powerful antioxidant
- Also play the role of “internal sunglasses” as lutein to protect eyes from light damage.
- Zeaxanthin protect the eyes from retinal damage and prevent from macular degeneration
f. Vitamins and Minerals
- Vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Beta-carotene (Vitamin A), selenium and zinc.
- They are important as antioxidants, supporting collagen and blood vessels in the eyes, and form protective melanin to protect the eyes.
BiO-LiFE Bilberry & Eye Bright Complex and BiO-LiFE Bio-Vizion are here to provide you with nutrients needed for healthy eyes! Find out more about BiO-LiFE eye health products.
Your sight is precious. Hence, take good care of them before losing them.
- Learning, H. (2017). I Can’t Believe My Eyes! Screen Time and its Relationship to Vision Function in Young Learners. Retrieved from: https://www.hilslearning.edu.my/blog/2018/7/23/i-cant-believe-my-eyes-screen-time-and-its-relationship-to-vision-function-in-young-learners
- Keep Your Eyes Healthy. (n.d.). Retrieved from: https://www.nei.nih.gov/learn-about-eye-health/healthy-vision/keep-your-eyes-healthy
- Department of Health & Human Services. (2015). 10 tips for good eye health. Retrieved from: https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/ten-tips/10-tips-for-good-eye-health
- Chu, W., Cheung, S., Lau, R., & Benzie, I. (1970). Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus L.). Retrieved from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK92770/#:~:text=Bilberry%20
- Li, S., Liu, N., Lin, L., Sun, E., Li, J., & Li, P. (2018). Macular pigment and serum zeaxanthin levels with Goji berry supplement in early age-related macular degeneration. Retrieved from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6010398/
- Kim, W. (n.d.). Eyebright. Retrieved from: https://www.naturalremedies.org/eyebright/
- Caring for Your Vision. (n.d.). Retrieved from: https://www.aoa.org/patients-and-public/caring-for-your-vision
- Buscemi, S., Corleo, D., Di Pace, F., Petroni, M. L., Satriano, A., & Marchesini, G. (2018). The effect of lutein on eye and extra-eye health. Nutrients, 10(9), 1321. Retrieved from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6164534/
- Study Demonstrates Essential Role of Zeaxanthin in Eye Health – AMDF. (2016, June 06). Retrieved August 13, 2020, from https://www.macular.org/study-demonstrates-essential-role-zeaxanthin-eye-health