Strengthen Oral Health – 1st Clinically Proven Probiotics for Oral Health
2 May, 2023
- Bad breath
- Sore throat
- Ear infection
- Gum diseases
- Sinus infection
- Tonsil inflammation
Do you experience the above health concerns? You have been working hard to maintain oral health, yet are you still prone to oral infections? That could be due to multiple factors. Firstly, our mouth is one of the first entry points for any form of harmful bacteria getting into the body and an easy and direct gateway to the rest of the body. Bacteria or viruses can enter through the mouth and cause an infection within the oral cavity or beyond, leading to possibly, for instance, potential stomach-ache, flu, allergy, etc. Thus, it is crucial to keep our oral health at its peak to be a solid first line of defense against harmful germs!
Ways to Ensure a Better Oral Health
We could keep ourselves healthy just by starting with the mouth!
How Probiotics Protect Oral Immunity
Oral probiotics will ensure good bacteria growth and prevent harmful bacteria growth. Streptococcus salivarius is one of the most found bacteria in the oral cavity, accounting for 15-40% of the total oral bacteria population in tested healthy subjects’ mouths. However, less than 2% of the people produce K12 strains.
Therefore, recent clinical studies show that taking Streptococcus salivarius K12 probiotics just in 90 days significantly reduces the incidence of throat infection in adults and children! Besides, Streptococcus salivarius K12 can also reduce an individual’s bad breath within just seven days.
How Streptococcus salivarius K12 Works?
- Streptococcus salivarius K12 resides and protects your oral cavity.
- Fight off harmful bacteria and prevent the entry or residence of harmful germs.
- Produce anti-microbial substances (salivaricin A & B) to destroy harmful germs.
(Figure from Interferon Gamma Response in Human Saliva Following Exposure to the Oral Probiotic Streptococcus salivarius BLIS K12 | Request PDF (researchgate.net))
Oralbiotix K12 is the 1st clinically proven probiotic for oral health and has a pleasant mint flavour. It has no added sugar and is suitable for people with diabetes too. Each tablet of Oralbiotix K12 contains 1 billion CFU of probiotics Streptococcus salivarius K12.
You could strengthen your immunity by consuming one lozenge of Oralbiotix K12 daily!
- Di Pierro, F., Adami, T., Rapacioli, G., Giardini, N., & Streitberger, C. (2013). Clinical evaluation of the oral probiotic Streptococcus salivarius K12 in the prevention of recurrent pharyngitis and/or tonsillitis caused by Streptococcus pyogenes in adults. Expert opinion on biological therapy, 13(3), 339-343.
- Di Pierro, F., Colombo, M., Zanvit, A., Risso, P., & Rottoli, A. S. (2014). Use of Streptococcus salivarius K12 in the prevention of streptococcal and viral pharyngotonsillitis in children. Drug, healthcare and patient safety, 15-20.
- Burton, J. P., Chilcott, C. N., Moore, C. J., Speiser, G., & Tagg, J. R. (2006). A preliminary study of the effect of probiotic Streptococcus salivarius K12 on oral malodour parameters. Journal of applied microbiology, 100(4), 754-764.
- Laws, G. A., Harold, L. K., Tagg, J. R., & Hale, J. D. (2022). Interferon Gamma Response in Human Saliva Following Exposure to the Oral Probiotic Streptococcus salivarius BLIS K12. Probiotics and Antimicrobial Proteins, 1-6.