How does Flexsa Plus help in maintaining joint health?
- Glucosamine is an amino sugar that the body produces and distributes in cartilage and other connective tissue for building the cartilage.1
- Glucosamine functions to normalize cartilage metabolism and helps to repair damaged cartilage. It stimulates the production of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), proteoglycans and collagen in the joint cartilage matrix and synovial fluid, all of which are important to prevent the breakdown of cartilage.2
- Chondroitin sulfate is a complex carbohydrate that helps cartilage retains water.1
- Chondroitin acts like water magnet to absorb water into connective tissue and provides shock absorption.2
- It may also block enzymes that break down cartilage, and it provides the building blocks for the body to produce new cartilage.2
Who are recommended to take Flexsa Plus?
- Patients with moderate to severe osteoarthritis (OA).
- Painful and inflammation joints.
- People who are on single dose of glucosamine or chondroitin but have not seen improvement.
- Elderly with swallowing disorders (dysphagia).
What is the recommended dosage?
Adult: One sachet a day, mixed with a glass of water.
(As Glucosamine Sulfate 2KCl)
- Bassleer, C., Rovati, L., & Franchimont, P. (1998). Stimulation of proteoglycan production by glucosamine sulfate in chondrocytes isolated from human osteoarthritic articular cartilage in vitro. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 6(6), 427-434.
- Pavelká, K., Gatterová, J., Olejarová, M., Machacek, S., Giacovelli, G., & Rovati, L. C. (2002). Glucosamine Sulfate Use and Delay of Progression of Knee Osteoarthritis. Archives of Internal Medicine, 162(18), 2113-2123.
This is a medicine product advertisement
Valid till 31 Dec 2022
Q1: What Are Glucosamine and Chondroitin?
- Glucosamine and chondroitin are structural components of cartilage, the tissue that connect bones together which acts as a cushion to the joints. Both are produced naturally in the body. They are also available as dietary supplements.
Q2: What is the maximum dosage for Glucosamine and Chondroitin?
- Glucosamine sulphate: 1500mg per day.
- Chondroitin sulfate: 1200mg per day.