According to World Health Organisation (WHO), someone has a heart attack in every 43 seconds – making heart disease the leading cause of death in both men and women.
Red yeast rice has been used for centuries as both food and medicinal substance. It is naturally derived from fermentation of yeast Monascus purpureus over red rice that helps to lower down cholesterol levels. Studies have shown that red yeast rice inhibits the action of the HMG-CoA reductase in the liver, known to raise cholesterol production. Therefore, taking red yeast rice is potentially reducing the heart disease and stroke.
Omega-3 essential fatty acids are also essential in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels. Studies have concluded that approximately 4 gram of omega-3 fatty acids supplementation daily lowers serum triglyceride concentration and increases HDL-cholesterol levels. Regular intake of fish oil can reduce the risk of fatal heart attack.
Other things that we can do to keep our heart healthy:
- Eat more vegetables and fruits, which are rich in vitamins and antioxidants that help reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Limit all processed foods, which are high in sugar, salt and fat.
- Include more grains in daily meals.
- Exercise regularly (at least 20 minutes each session).
- Quit smoking.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
Our HEART powers our whole body! Let’s make sure it is charged as always …back