CoQ10-Your Hero for Energy Boost
Sep 02, 2021
Let’s face it, life can be exhausting sometimes. There is always a deadline at work, the need to pick up your kids at school, and many others. Yet, if you are constantly tired each day, it can leave you feeling unproductive and less motivated. To keep up with the demands of work and life, we could all use a little more energy to get through the day.
CoQ10 for energy
Poor energy can reduce overall productivity in our lives. Among the causes of this low energy could be depleted Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) stores. Ever heard of CoQ10? CoQ10 is a fat-soluble vitamin-like substance that helps to support energy production at the cellular level1. Additionally, CoQ10 also serves as an antioxidant that helps to prevent the degradation of cells1. Our bodies can make CoQ10, however, our capacity to do so declines with age2. Together with active and high-stress lifestyles, the body’s demand for CoQ10 increases as well3. Besides that, muscle cells consume particularly large quantities of CoQ10 during exercise4.
Long-lasting energy boost
A person with a busy and active lifestyle will have depleted natural CoQ10 levels in the body, which in turn makes them feel weak and tired, like running on weak batteries. CoQ10 does its job of sparking the continuous production of your body’s cellular energy (like a spark plug), called adenosine triphosphate (ATP). Furthermore, due to its efficient production of energy, CoQ10 is, therefore, a must have compound for enhancing exercise performance by reducing fatigue during exercise, increased endurance, and improved recovery5.
The great 3-in-1 formulation
Q10 Guard Plus is a formulation that provides not only 150 mg of CoQ10 but also Vitamin E and Zinc. The high strength of CoQ10 provides rapid energy recovery for more alertness and reduces fatigue. Vitamin E provides antioxidant protection against free radical damage that are generated from stress or during intense exercise. Meanwhile, zinc serves as a cofactor for enzymes that are involved in energy metabolism. This 3-in-1 formulation provides a synergistic effect, is suitable for those with an active and stressful lifestyle and improves stamina during exercise. Feel your best each day with a lasting boost of energy with Q10 Guard Plus.
Find out more about BiO-LiFE Q10 Guard Plus.
- Bonakdar, R. A., & Guarneri, E. (2005). Coenzyme Q10. American family physician, 72(6), 1065–1070.
- Uma Singh, PhD, Sridevi Devaraj, PhD, Ishwarlal Jialal, MD, PhD, Coenzyme Q10 Supplementation and Heart Failure, Nutrition Reviews, Volume 65, Issue 6, June 2007, Pages 286–293.
- Shukla S, Dubey KK. CoQ10 a super-vitamin: review on application and biosynthesis. 3 Biotech. 2018;8(5):249.
- Powers, S.K., and Jackson, M.J., 2008. Exercise-Induced Oxidative Stress: Cellular Mechanisms and Impact on Muscle Force Production. Physiol Rev., 88(4): 1243–1276
- Cooke, M., Iosia, M., Buford, T., Shelmadine, B., Hudson, G., Kerksick, C., Rasmussen, C., Greenwood, M., Leutholtz, B., Willoughby, D., & Kreider, R. (2008). Effects of acute and 14-day coenzyme Q10 supplementation on exercise performance in both trained and untrained individuals. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 5, 8.