We are a company that ensures that an individual’s privacy is respected.
This privacy statement covers:
- Information collected through our telephone and mail services and any other means
- BiO-LiFE is dedicated to safeguarding your personal privacy. We recognize that you have a right to know how your personal information is collected and used. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously. Unless you directly give us consent to do otherwise, BiO-LiFE will only collect and use your personal information as set out in this statement. We encourage you to please read this statement carefully so that you understand BiO-LiFE information handling practices.
BiO-LiFE offers a variety of services relating to our products, which may be accessed by telephone, by mail or through our web site.
These services may have specific conditions, which are explained at the time you use those services, in addition to this Privacy Statement.
Services which may be accessed by telephone or by mail include:
- Information on health conditions, BiO-LiFE’s products, etc.
- BiO-LiFE Customer Care Department (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm) at 03-7499 7999 which provide personalized advice from qualified customer care team.
- Services which may be accessed through our web site www.biolife.com.my include:
- Information about new products or services from BiO-LiFE.
- Special offers from BiO-LiFE.
- Email newsletter.
- Success stories.
Use of the BiO-LiFE web site is conditional upon you agreeing to be bound by this Privacy Statement. It is important to know that by using our web site:
- You agree that if you submit your personal information to us, we may create a database record about you.
- To receive our web site services, you agree that we may collect information from you and from your use of our web site, and you agree that this information may be disclosed to our service providers.
- You agree that we may contact you with information about products, special offers and updates (unless you have stated that you do not wish to receive these communications).
BiO-LiFE considers the protection of your personal data and privacy a very important matter. We seek to adhere to all privacy laws and enforce clear policies on protecting personal information. Our data privacy programme includes a global organisation and infrastructure as well as procedures and training to support local activities and help our efforts to ensure compliance.
BiO-LiFE will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent. There may be exceptional circumstances where this may not be possible, such as if disclosure is required by law or is necessary to protect the rights or property of BiO-LiFE, or any member of the public, or to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
BiO-LiFE will not collect or monitor any personal information about you without your consent. The only personal information we collect is what you tell us about yourself and information about how you use our services and/or our web site. While you may choose to use an alias, or remain anonymous, we hope that like most of our users and customers, you will want to provide information about yourself to us because it will help us make our services more personalized and valuable to you.
Using and disclosing your details
Information collected about you by our BiO-LiFE Customer Care Department is not permanently recorded, and is securely discarded at the end of the query. Again, you may choose to use an alias or remain anonymous. Information collected about you through our web site is intended to be used for the following purposes only:
- To provide you with information about our products, service and/or special offers, and general health advice where appropriate.
- To ask you for your opinion or comments about our products and/or services.
- To collect statistical data for marketing analysis.
- Please note that in order to operate the web site or deliver a service we may sometimes share your personal information with a service provider.
Accessing your details
If at any time you want to know what personal information you have submitted to us, you are welcome to contact us (see below). Our Customer Care Department will assist you in determining what personal or private information may be held on you. BiO-LiFE has developed processes to ensure that any file of your information will be made available to you within 14 days wherever practicable.
Changing or deleting your details
If at any time you wish to update personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us and we will amend this record. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please contact our Customer Care Department and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it, unless we are required to keep it for legal reasons.
Storage and security of your details
BiO-LiFE will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Electronic information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. Our employees and data processors are obliged and trained to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by BiO-LiFE. However, as we cannot guarantee the security of communications over the Internet, we cannot give an absolute assurance that your information will be secure at all times. BiO-LiFE will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorized access to your personal information.
Communicating with You
We may contact you at your email or other address, which you provide to us in order to:
- Provide you with information that may be of interest about BiO-LiFE products and special offers and other matters which may interest you.
- For those of you with an email address, to send you an email newsletter. By registering to receive email newsletters from BiO-LiFE, you consent to be the recipient of commercial and non-commercial electronic messages from BiO-LiFE. We will not send you advertising information without first asking you whether you wish to have promotional information sent to you.
Opting out of communication
BiO-LiFE offers an ‘opt out’ mechanism, so that you may have the opportunity to decide to not receive marketing or promotional information from us. We will remove you from any of our lists that may be used for communication purposes. At any time you may contact the company to ‘opt out’ of any future direct marketing. Additionally on all direct marketing correspondence, the ‘opt out’ mechanism will be made clear.
Cookies are pieces of information that a web site transfers to your computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes.
Links from this Site
BiO-LiFE web site provides links to web sites outside of the BiO-LiFE site.
These linked sites are not under the control of BiO-LiFE, and we are not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to our web site. And neither the authenticity and veracity of their content. Before disclosing your personal information on any other web site, we advise you to examine the Terms and Conditions of those web sites.
If BiO-LiFE becomes aware of any problems with areas of our website or our work practices, we will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns. If you have any concerns, reservations, or wish to see what information we may hold on you, you can contact us in any of the following ways:
– Customer Care Department
Attention: Customer Care Department
BiO-LiFE Marketing Sdn Bhd
B-28-02, The Ascent, Paradigm
No. 1, Jalan SS 7/26A, Kelana Jaya
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
We will endeavour to have your query answered within 5 days or earlier if possible.
Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use and disclose your Personal Information. The processing of your Personal Information is also subject to applicable laws. The Personal Information which you provide to us now or from time to time or have provided to us previously will be used and processed, and continued to be used and processed by us, in accordance with this Privacy Statement (as amended, varied or revised from time to time). We may amend, vary or revise this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we revise the Privacy Statement, we will post the changes on our website and send a copy of the revised Privacy Statement to you by post or email, in accordance to your preferred manner of receiving notices from us.
In this Privacy Statement, “BiO-LiFE” means BiO-LiFE Marketing Sdn Bhd. “Personal Information” means any information in our possession or control that relates directly or indirectly to you (or any other individual) to the extent that you (or such other individual) are identified or identifiable from that information or from other information in our possession. “Products” means products that has been sold and marketed by BiO-LiFE.
“We”, “us” or “our” means BiO-LiFE.
- Certain information requested by us are mandatory which you must provide and agree to the processing of such mandatory information by us, failing us, we will not be able to provide you the relevant Products or information and updates pertaining to the Products. Personal Information we collect about you, include but is not limited, to the following:-
- personal details such as name, identity card number, age, gender, nationality, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address and other details
- information in connection with Products you may have purchased from us or have registered your interest with us for purchase, information, updates, enquiries, etc
- other information that are, have been or may be collected by us, or which you provide to us, from time to time, in connection with any service, transaction, contest, survey, promotion, questionnaire or communication with us
- personal interests or preferences such as language, products or content interests, communicating and marketing preferences
- username, password and other identifiers when you register at our website, promotional leaflets, etc
- When you sign up or register your interest with us to purchase the Products or to obtain information and updates on the Products
- When you visit our websites or social networking sites
- When you enter contests or respond to surveys, promotions and questionnaires
- to communicate with you
- to process your application, inquiry or request
- to provide the Products and services relating to the Products or such other goods and services you requested
- for administrative purposes
- to respond to your queries
- to conduct research and statistical analysis
- to help monitor and improve our services
- to comply with applicable laws, proceedings or inquiries from regulatory authorities, and enforcement agencies
- any other purposes permitted by applicable laws
- to market and promote other products and services that are or may be offered by us or our partners from time to time
- for direct marketing purposes
- to provide you with information and updates on the Products
- We do not collect Sensitive Personal Data from you unless required by applicable laws. If you do not want your Sensitive Personal Data collected by us, please do not submit it.
- “Sensitive Personal Data” means any personal data consisting information to physical or mental health or condition, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of an offence or any personal data prescribed under law as sensitive personal data.
To facilitate the purposes above and the provision of products and services to you, we may process, use and disclose your Personal Information to the following classes of third parties:-
- Appointed Consumer Relation Management agencies
- Regulatory authorities and enforcement agencies
- Any court of law or any relevant party in connection with any claim or legal proceedings
Access or Update your Personal Information
- You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us (for e.g. your spouse, children, relatives or third parties), and as such, as and when such information becomes incorrect or outdated you should correct or update such information by contacting us or submitting fresh information.
- You may write to us at the address set out in Section” How to contact us” below:
- request for a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you
- request to rectify or update your Personal Information
- Please provide proof or your identity, address and sufficient information to enable us to identify you when submitting your request to us
- Comply or refuse your request to access or rectify your Personal Information. If we refuse, we will notify you the reasons for such refusal
- Charge a fee for processing your request for access or rectification.
Limit the process of your Personal Information
- If you:
- Do not wish to receive offers, promotions and marketing materials and information on other products and services from us or our partners
- Or would like us to cease processing Personal Information for a specified purpose or in a specified manner
How to Contact Us
Write in to us at:
Attention: Customer Care Department
BiO-LiFE Marketing Sdn Bhd
B-28-01, The Ascent, Paradigm
No. 1, Jalan SS 7/26A, Kelana Jaya
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Telephone: 603-7499 7999
Data transfer abroad
We are part of the Bio-Life Group which is a global group of companies and has databases in different countries, some of which are operated by the local Bio-Life Group Company, and some of which are operated by third parties on behalf of the local Bio-Life Group Company. We may transfer your data to one of the Group’s databases outside your country of domicile, potentially including countries which may not require an adequate level of protection for your Personal Data compared with that provided in your country.
However, Bio-Life has adopted Binding Corporate Rules, a system of principles, rules and tools, provided by Malaysian law, in an effort to ensure effective levels of data protection, in particular relating to transfers of personal information outside Malaysia.