Probiotics – Your soldiers in the gut war
Do you know that our gut hosts about 300 to 500 species of bacteria? These bacteria usually take up 1.6 to 2.0 kg of one’s body weight, depending on the size of a person. Just like any living systems, the gut flora is a complex microbial ecosystem. The balance between the good and the harmful bacteria determines the efficiency and the performance of the digestive tract. When harmful bacteria dominate the digestive tract, it can lead to a series of problems such as bloating, diarrhoea, constipation, flatulence and indigestion. Usual causes that disrupt the balance of gut flora include:
- Unhealthy diet
- Food and water pollution
- Intake of medications, especially antibiotics.
- Chemicals – fertilisers, pesticides
The solution to gut flora imbalance is PROBIOTICS. Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM is clinically proven to be beneficial to the digestive system. The effects of Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM include:
- Improve bowel movement and relieve constipation.
- Relieve indigestion.
- Protect against traveller’s diarrhoea.
- Prevent and relieve antibiotic-associated diarrhoea.
- Improve lactose tolerance.
- Reduce burping and excessive gas.
- Alleviate bad breath.
- Provide a better body defence against diseases and illnesses.
Find out more about Advanced Multiblend PROBIOtix that contains 7 strains of probiotics including Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM®
- Sanders, M.E. & Klaenhammer, T.R. (2001) Invited review: the scientific basis of Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM functionality as a probiotic. Journal of Dairy Science. 84:319-31